Monday, January 7, 2013

Spur Gastropub

113 Blanchard
web / Yelp

An old friend and coworker I recently reconnected with via Facebook checks in from Spur constantly, and I hadn't given it much thought until I started searching for molecular gastronomy in Seattle. Spur comes up in many articles about modern techniques, so I decided it was time to go after finally seeing The Hobbit at Cinerama yesterday.

The food is amazing. That's really all there is to say. Don't go if you're starving or really drunk, as it's likely the small, composed plates will just annoy you. Go when you want to experience daring, great flavors, and be sure to take a friend or two who will trade bites. I managed to taste three appetizers, three entrees, and three desserts, and all nine were great. And I'm not normally a dessert person, but I'll be ordering one any time I return.

I didn't want to take too many pictures in the restaurant, but had to grab one at the bar.

IMAG1546

There are two unisex bathrooms, though only the first one has a urinal. And a really cool faucet.

IMAG1539

IMAG1541

The second one's got the same basin style, but not the cool old-timey faucet.

IMAG1547

IMAG1550

So, grab the first bathroom if it's available. Both have washcloths instead of paper towels, which is really nice. Especially if you've splashed around a bit and want to clean up after yourself. I've started doing that as often as possible ever since I flew Iceland Air and saw the sign in the airplane bathroom asking passengers to do that as a courtesy for everyone else. It's nice to leave things as you find them when you can.

Check out Spur next time you want to have a wonderful, impressive dinner. Especially if you want to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment