Tuesday, December 8, 2009


The Signature
530 1st Ave North


I've always maintained that it would be impossible for me to live on Queen Anne because of the serious lack of Vietnamese food. It's my favorite cuisine. I'm not even sure what my second favorite cuisine is, but it's a distant second. There was a year or so where I ate Vietnamese twice a day on weekdays and at least once on weekends. It's the best. And until The Signature opened, there was only one Vietnamese restaurant anywhere near Queen Anne and Seattle Center.

The Signature is unique for its amazing happy hour. $2 well drinks, cocktail and beer specials, and a great menu with food specials priced from $2 up to $5. It's the only serious Vietnamese food happy hour in town I know of, and it's every day from 3:00-6:00 and 8:00-Midnight.

They've also got some very lovely bathrooms. Two spacious, unisex ones, as a matter of fact.

There's art for sale, and you can lean in for a really close look at it.

IMG_0608

If you're a reader, they've got you covered.

IMG_0607

I have to know where they got these lightswitch covers so I can get some for my friends as Christmas gifts.

IMG_0609

There's also a very lovely seating area just outside the bathrooms. I really wish more places had these.

IMG_0610

Go check this place out. They're open until midnight every day except Fridays and Saturdays, when they're open until 3:30am, so you really have no excuse not to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment