Monday, January 18, 2010


Nicolino
317 NW Gilman (Issaquah)


My boss invited several of us for dinner at a favorite spot of hers, Nicolino in Issaquah. Before Friday, I hadn't been out that far East since 2001 or so. It was definitely worth the trip. In fact, it was bittersweet, because it's the kind of restaurant I'd love to visit often, but it's just far enough to make it unlikely to happen.

I shared the sweet pea ravioli from the appetizer specials, and had the calamari all to myself, while sampling bites of a few other plates. It's the kind of place where everybody shares because it's all so unbelievably fabulous and you want to confirm that you're not hallucinating. My calamari was actually a little spicier than I would have ordered, but this wasn't a bad thing. It woke my mouth up and made my wine taste even better.

Once again, I was out of town without my camera, but I managed to get a few snaps with my phone in the men's room.

2010-01-15 21.34.34

2010-01-15 21.34.44

2010-01-15 21.34.53

2010-01-15 21.35.59

I've always liked when a bathroom houses a nice collection of art prints and maps. It's an easy way to dress up a room which is often overlooked.

While I was there, I also got to add to my "helpful octopus" collection of photos. I think this one is my best yet.

Helpful octopus

I regret working on this post because it's just making me want to go back for more sweet pea ravioli. And it was on the specials menu so it will surely be gone by the time I ever make it back there. I guess that's my way of saying you should go, and soon.

1 comment: